Monday, May 12, 2008

Goodbye Undergrad Accounting!


I had my last accounting final on Saturday and now I am DONE! It is sort of a bitter sweet feeling. I will miss many of my fellow accounting students along with the whole university atmosphere. However, I will never miss the 900 page weekend reading assignments, or the three hour exams on consolidations, deferred taxes, and pensions. I will also never miss the professors who, for some odd reason, believe that their class is your only class. I have to say that although college was a struggle, I am a better person because of it. I found my limits and learned to push myself to accomplish my goals. I also learned that I am nothing without my wife Elizabeth. I wouldnt have been able to do as good as I did, without her support, help, and encouragement.

Now I have the entire summer to rest before I face the real business world and apply what I have learned. A few CPA firms offered me jobs. They were of all different sizes and offered different amounts of money. However, when the time came to make my decision, I chose to work for a firm that I feel will be best for my long term career goals as well as allow me to have enough time to be a good father and husband. I will be working for McGladrey & Pullen and I start in September. It sure feels good to know that my dream job has become a reality. It would not have been possible without the great education I received from SDSU. GO AZTECS!

No comments: