Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Last Few Months

The last few months have been quite eventful. These are some of the things that occured:

-Elizabeth and I found out that we are having a baby girl in June.
-Jon now can open and close doors. Sometimes he closes the door so we won't see what trouble he is getting into.
-Jon went to the cabinet and wanted at screw driver. When I got it for him he went to his toy, put the head of the screw driver into a screw and began to twist the screw driver. (I guess he saw Elizabeth take something apart a month earlier.) I think that was so awesome for a 19-month old.
-Jon got his first haircut. He looks so much older without his mullet.
-One night I was at the client's office until 5 am, came home to sleep during rush hour and was back at the client's office at 8 am. It was a blast! Just kidding.
-I also was able to pass my third CPA Exam. So I have one left to study for.
-"Pinky" is now my nickname at work. Its a long story.
-I was able to work the assebly line at one of my clients and made "portable johns" which are solid waste bags. (you know...that you go potty in.) It was really cool to experience what it would be like to work in a factory. However, I am so glad I have an education.
-I have audited a publicly traded technology company in San Diego, a gas pipe fitting manufacturer in Corona, a Furniture Manufacturer (that sell to Costco) less than a mile from the border, and a company that manufactures pee and poop bags in Escondido.

5 comments:

EMac said...

Wow, for an accountant, you have a very interesting life. Please, tell us how you got the nickname pinky. I bet you totally loved the assembly line (just to try it out). John is getting too smart. He is such a cute kid. We are so happy that he will be getting a little sister!!!

Love you all alot!!
Lisa

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

You have been busy! Isn't it great to k now you didn't miss your calling as a poop bag manufacturer? You are going to be amazed at the things Jon learns, and what he is capable of, especially when the new baby comes. It will blow you away how "big" Jon suddenly is.
Love to you all!

Zola said...

How could Jon be anything but a genius? Just look at his parents! You guys really have to watch yourselves, he is picking up on everything you do.

Alright, you need to tell us the Pinky story. It has to be good. Out with it.

Mindy said...

That is all so interesting. Poop is Zach's favorite word right now, I'm sure you wanted to know that. I'm sorry that you had to say good bye to jon's mullet, I always have mixed emotions when I see a mullet. And Congrats at passing your 3rd test. When is your next one? Say hi to you family.

Natalee said...

Manufacturing poop bags is not something everyone can say they have done in their lifetime. It is truely a journal entry moment. We are so proud of you. I have some theories on the nick name pinky. Maybe from pinky and the brain? Or have you been snake food recently? Or do you like to drink your tea the proper way with your pinky pointed up?